Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A Woman's Infinite Learning Curve


WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 16, 2011

One of the requirements for each course at Prescott College is that the student complete a "Something Else" assignment illustrating, in a creative, unconventional way, what she learned in the course. This pastel of the infinity symbol was my illustration of how women learn. We learn in motion. On a continuum. Integrated. As we move, we integrate what it is going on outside of us into that which is going on inside. And then we give back, adding a beautiful flow of color, shape, and texture into the mix.

This pastel is also about how what I call my "Holy Spirit gut instinct" moves through me. Even when I am hurting and angry at God, He moves through me. When I cannot bear to utter a word to God because I am so confused and disillusioned, the Holy Spirit speaks in groans, maybe even sighs, that tell God the depth of my pain. Infinitely amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment