
No, I haven't changed my name again. Nor am I suffering from a perimenopausal memory blank. This morning, I opened John Bradshaw's book titled Healing The Shame That Binds You in an attempt to read beyond the introduction. I stopped to "feast" (no pun intended) on the reality that I am no different than Eve in the Garden of Eden. If I want to look at the truth about my shame, I need to face the truth that everyday I am given a choice to buy the lie and eat the fruit or believe what God says about me.
I have bought the lie choosing to believe that God is a God of evil trickery. I have chosen to believe that He set up the shame scenario I live in. However, if I choose to hold the truth of my story (see yesterday's post), then I choose to accept the truth that God gave me this wild, wonderful freedom as a woman, created uniquely and separately from man (I can't blame a man for my choices), to choose love. I am reveling in that. I am also beginning the process of collecting stories and journal entries I have written on this topic to put them into a book. Look for it in stores near you...but first pray for me as I begin this process.....THANKS.
The sketch you see in this post is of me, as Eve, wild and free, dancing and basking in choice. The words I have written next to the sketch are, from left to right, "I am Eve--free to choose LOVE" and "No fig leaves were used in the drawing of this gown."
No comments:
Post a Comment