Friday, August 5, 2011

Nearer to Thee....right in the middle of Your love, Jesus




I mentioned the movie Bella in my last post. I cannot get over the beauty of that film. I love the way God uses movies in my life. I don't remember if I mentioned the song in the movie sung by Nina Simone. The words of Nearer to Thee keep running through my mind.

This past weekend I did some house sitting for friends. They live on the edge of a hill. I took my camera out to photograph the sunset, and later, the storm. As I looked at the mountains and the clouds I could hear God speaking the words of Nearer to Thee that tell me that He speaks His love to me. I am overwhelmed that He speaks His love to me as I look at those amber-rose highlights of the sun on a mountain. And in huge, roiling storm clouds. Hearing His voice is exquisite. It prompts personal time with God creating art.

About the art.....This pastel is a drawing of me "in" His nearness. No one can get so close that their nearness encircles me. Except Jesus. There is a cross and the nail-pierced hands of Jesus in the art. It is an abstract piece, so you may need to hunt for them. The swirls and movement of color in the middle of the darkness symbolized the vivid emotion of experiencing His love.

The photos in the post are two of the pictures I took while house sitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment